Saturday, July 2, 2016

girl's camp

I had the privilege of going up to Girls Camp on Friday for testimony meeting.  They stayed at Camp Grady Spruce again this year, which is about 2 hours from home, and right on Possum Kingdom Lake.  Such a beautiful place!  The testimony meeting was amazing, and I was so impressed with what the girls were able to share about how their testimonies had grown, the friendships they had forged, and all that they had learned during the week. I seriously love these girls.  We had 23 girls go to camp from our ward, including several non-members and less-active girls.

I had been praying for two girls specifically, and I think they had positive experiences, so hopefully my prayers were answered.  I was fortunate enough to have amazing camp experiences as a youth, and I know how much good friends impacted my experience as a teenager.  I feel a lot of responsibility towards these girls, and I really hope that I can somehow know what I can do to impact them for good.

Our traditional stop for ice cream on the drive home...
Even though I only attended on Friday, there was a lot of coordinating and preparation leading up to camp.  Needless to say, it was a huge relief when all the girls were dropped off, and I was able to go home and crawl into bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment