Tuesday, July 5, 2016

red, white, and blue

Since Sunday was July 3rd, Brooke and I dressed in our red, white, and blue.  Brooke was already in her dress, and was next to me while I was getting ready.  She commented that she didn't have any red, and I told her that it was okay since she had blue and white.  She left, then reappeared wearing my red heels.  Sometimes a girl just needs a red accessory :)
On the fourth, we headed to the parade in Arlington.  We went to it years ago, but honestly didn't remember much about it. Supposedly, it is one of the best 4th of July parades in the nation, so we decided to give it another shot.  It stormed all night, so the parade was delayed one hour.  I had been checking the Facebook page all morning for updates, and we are so glad we went. Such an awesome parade, and due to the night's storms, the temperatures dropped and we were left with perfect weather.
We found an awesome spot underneath some trees, and we already determined that we will try for the same spot next year.  We counted like 10 marching bands, lots of fun floats, and a group of 30+ middle-aged men dressed as Elvis doing tricks on miniature dirt bikes.  Made for an entertaining morning, to say the least.
I was holding Colby and stepped to the side to take a picture of Kevin and Brooke with the parade in the background.  I wasn't paying attention to where I stepped, and I literally sunk into this mud hole all the way to my ankle.  I am just lucky I didn't drop Colby!
As we left the parade, we passed Mellow Mushroom, and decided to stop for lunch.  I love their pizza, but we had the worst service known to man. I definitely won't be going to that location any time soon. The afternoon was spent with cousins at the lake.
Aubrey loves her Colby.
Everyone had such a great time, and the kids all did so well in the heat.
The girls were in love with their little flags and glow sticks courtesy of Aunti Mel Mel.  We ended the night watching the fireworks show as we floated on the water.   I am grateful for this great nation and for all those who fight to keep us safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment