Friday, January 29, 2016

miami-day 4

My weather app was correct, and we had a VERY rainy day.  It literally rained the entire day!  I hadn't thought to bring umbrellas, so we improvised and used baby blankets as we ran in and out of places.  Our first stop was a place called Young At Art.  I was hesitant to go because tickets were $14 each, but due to the weather, and the fact that I didn't want to stay in the hotel all day, we didn't have a lot of fun indoor options. It ended up being pretty great anyway, so I guess it was money well spent.
They offered a lot of fun activities for kids, with an artsy flair :)
One of her favorite things was "driving" an actual subway train.  The whole thing would vibrate when you put it into gear, which she thought was amazing.  Oh, and she also loved the section of African drums, but I only took a movie and not a picture. 
When we left the museum, Brooke promptly fell asleep.  I think it was a combination of exhaustion and the constant rain.  I decided to just stay in the car to let her finish napping, but we were in there for almost 2 hours!  Colby slept the first hour as well, but then we had some mommy-baby bonding time. 
My little chunky man :)  He really was so happy and just talked and talked to me.
That night, we picked Kevin up from work and drove down to South Beach and walked around on Lincoln Road.  A whole stretch of Lincoln Road is closed to cars and instead has tables set up for all the restaurants located among the retailers.  We used to love going to Lincoln Road with Andre and Daleth, and it was so much fun to be back.  The weather was a little cooler than we were used to (mid 60's), but was still perfect for walking around.  Brooke was in love with all the fountains.  And the dogs :)  This area never disappoints in the people-watching department either, haha.
We ate at an Argentinian place which was fine, but not amazing.  But we were seated right next to a fountain, and they brought some heaters next to our table, so it really was a perfect set-up.
This picture makes my heart happy.  I love my little family, and I am thankful for all the time I have been able to spend with my little ones without the distraction of household tasks, etc. Although vacations are not as relaxing with kids, it still is so nice to have a break from the normal routine and the feeling that I need to "get things done" each day.
And what's not to love about sharing a bed with this cute little baby?  So darling!

No comments:

Post a Comment