Wednesday, January 27, 2016

colby-two months old

I am sure that I will say this every month, but I can't believe how big he is getting! He mostly wears 3 month clothing, but even those are getting a little snuck.  At the beginning of the month, he started smiling and talking all the time.  I don't remember Brooke being so vocal at 2 months, but Colby definitely likes to hear himself coo and squeal.  I love to hear it, too.
Other things to note this month: loves to suck on his hands, rolls to his side, and pushes off with his feet to scoot backwards when he is laying on his back.  This make diaper-changing a little interesting!
He started doing a little better with his sleep, but still woke up multiple times a night to nurse.  I used a rolled up blanket to prop him on his side most nights, and that seemed to help him sleep longer.  We still swaddled him as well, but he hated those swaddle sacks.  We simply used the Aden + Anais blankets, which were the perfect size for our growing baby. 
We started him on tummy time, which he tolerated in small increments.   After 3-4 minutes, he would lay with his face down and complain, haha.  Good thing he had a good cheer leader that got SUPER excited when she knew it was tummy time for Colby.
Brooke still loves her little brother and is very attentive to him.  She likes to help me, and although she doesn't want to hold him very often, she will ask me occasionally.  I think it's hard for her to manage him, but her little chair was the perfect place to prop him up by her.
At his 2 month appointment, he weighed 12 pounds, 15 ounces, and was 23.5 inches long.  I warned Brooke that Colby probably wouldn't like his shots, but that she could hold his hand to help him be brave.  She did just that :)  I was very proud of her, and Colby calmed right down as soon as I could pick him up.   It never gets easier seeing your kids get shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment