Saturday, February 27, 2016

february with the littles

I feel like half of February was spent with sick kids, so I have quite a few sleeping pictures of my cute Colby.  I rarely rock or nurse him in my nice recliner, but I remember this day vividly.  It was time to nurse him, so I opened the blinds in my room to let a little sun in.  He fell asleep pretty quickly, and I just watched his sweet face as he slept.  Babies really are so angelic when they are sleeping!
They both love their bath time!  Colby is always trying to scoot out of this bath sling, which is exactly what Brooke did as a baby.
One morning, as we were getting Brooke's "tea party blanket" from the closet, I saw the Bumbo and decided to see how Colby did in it.  He sat there like a champ, but looked pretty serious the whole time!
Every morning, I wake up to sounds of Brooke playing in her room.  She likes to just look at books in her bed, or play with her toys for a good 20-30 minutes before she will start calling for me.  And she always has a tea part set up :)  This particular day she had some interesting things added to the mix, haha.
I finally ordered the canvas for Colby's room and we hung his frames above the changing pad.  I love how it turned out!
Bedtime with these cuties.  The novelty of Colby laying on her pillow with her has not worn off, and for that I am grateful because it is one of my favorite things at the end of the day.
Little man is doing great with his tummy time, and is able to hold his head up for longer periods of time.
He might be an ear rubber just like his sister.  Whenever Brooke is tired, she starts rubbing her ear.  She also likes to rub our ears when we are laying next to her in bed.
These Valentine's Day pictures melt my heart!  I hung a bunch of hearts in her doorway, and she thought it was the greatest thing ever.  When she opened her door in the morning, she said, "Are these my valentines?"  I love this little girl.  Nay Nay bought her the cute dress, and although we didn't go to church (Colby was sick), she wanted to rock it.
Brooke is so methodical when she plays.  Each letter/number goes in the middle of the square :)  I am a little OCD about having things organized in a certain way, so she may be taking after me :/
One morning, while Brooke and I were painting nails, Colby decided it was time for a nap.  I guess he was a little bored, haha, but I love that he could just relax enough to fall asleep while he listened to his Mama and sister.
We gave Brooke a wooden stable with horses inside, and one morning I noticed that she had lined them all up "as friends".  She even included a random cow that Papa brought back from a food trade show.
Mid February we stopped giving Brooke naps because she was having a hard time going to bed at night.  Although I miss having time to get things done during her nap, the new arrangement works out pretty great.  This was one of the last times I laid down next to her as she fell asleep for an afternoon siesta. Yes, she still uses a pacifier, and yes, I know I need to get rid of it!
Dressed in our Sunday best...
Colby loves doing airplanes on my knees.  Whenever I do this, Brooke runs and gets her Chloe baby so we can "play with our babies together".
Bath time is always pretty entertaining.  Brooke thought she was hilarious when she balanced turtles on her and Colby's heads.
This is random, but I have some pretty sweet friends.  After 2 weeks of the kids being sick, I felt like I was running on empty.  A few friends in my ward, who were checking on me via text, stopped by with the sweetest things.  One friend brought dinner, another some treats, my VT companion showed up with dinner and tulips, and another friend dropped by this pint of ice cream :)  I really feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who are so thoughtful and Christlike.
I found this table at Home Goods, and I was super excited because I have been wanting something to go by the stairs forever.  After I styled the table, I was fixing dinner, and came back to find that Brooke had added a few touches of her own.
Although she smothers him at times, Brooke really does love her baby brother.  She always wants to be the first one to check on him when he cries, and when he is fussy, she always requests that I sing him a lullaby.
Brooke has found a love for typing.  She can type out her name all by herself, and she can recognize and type most of the letters for Mama, Daddy, and Colby if Kevin or I tell her what letters to type. Then we send it to print, which is super cool to a toddler :)
The Taggart family from our ward moved a few streets over, and we have loved running into them at the part.  Brooks is only 6 weeks older than Brooke, and is the cutest little boy.  They have several teenage daughters, which will be great for us once we start having babysitters more often.
This is by far my favorite picture from this month.  With no naps, Brooke falls asleep in less than 5 minutes.  Colby was also ready for bed, so within minutes, our precious babes were cuddled up and sound asleep.  Although I didn't want to wake them, I wanted a picture.  So Kevin took a picture with the flash, and thankfully, it didn't faze them.  When we went downstairs, I almost started crying as I stared at the picture.  Although parenting can be so hard and exhausting at times, it really is so amazing and Brooke and Colby are so incredibly precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment