Friday, December 26, 2014

making memories

Did I mention how great it was to have family at our house for Christmas??  Well, it was great just to wake up and have so many people I love under the same roof.  
Jeffrey celebrated his 27th birthday while they were here.  They went on a movie date while we watched Ellie (who was already asleep...easiest babysitting job of all time!), and then we had cheese cake when they came home.  My brother is a HUGE fan of my mom's cheesecake, so that is what I made.  Kevin has become quite the fan too, so it became a joke the whole time we had family at our house.  I made cookies and toffee for the young women, and Jeffrey and Kevin would say, "These are good, but not as good as cheesecake." You had to be here, but the constant talk of cheesecake was pretty amusing.
Although Kevin had to work a ton during the holidays, he made an effort to hurry home each day, and we still managed to make the best of the time we had together.  I love this picture because it shows the love he has for his little girl.  And of course he had his go pro camera out to get some footage of Brooke.
The camera came with us to the park as well :)
My parents flew in really late on Saturday night, the 20th. Brooke had been super cranky that afternoon, so she went to bed early! About 10:30, she woke up, and was WIDE awake.  Like, squealing and jumping in her crib.  So, I went upstairs to try and rock her, and she kept saying "Hi" to me, and poking my eyes and saying "eyes", OVER and OVER.  So, I decided that maybe we would go downstairs for a bit until NayNay and Papa arrived.  Maybe Brooke knew that they were coming, and didn't want to miss it :)
Waiting and waiting with Aunt Madi until they arrived!  I was so happy that Brooke went right to them.  You never know how kids will react.  She saw them in October at Kimberly's wedding, and we FaceTime a lot, which seemed to help.  She recognized them right away :)
After hugs and snuggles with Brooke, we all headed off to bed since we had church at 9am the next day.  Kevin went to his meetings, then came home to bring us the truck so we could all make it to church.  He stayed home with Brooke, who had been sick. But don't worry, I still had a quick Sunday picture with my man.
After church pictures...
I mentioned this in the last post, but we enjoyed a beautiful day at the Dallas Zoo together.  Uncle Jeffrey wanted a picture with the girlies.  I love seeing him with Ellie, and also seeing the love he has for Brooke. He's a keeper.
I can't say enough about my parents.  I really love them so much and appreciate all the effort they make to be with their family, despite the fact that we live in different parts of the country.  I am seriously hoping they can move to Texas sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment