Sunday, April 9, 2023

easter

I always love the week leading up to Easter as we study about the Savior's final week of life.  It has been such a great way for our family to focus on the true meaning of Easter and the events that transpired before his resurrection. 

I also really love the church service on Easter.  Kevin was conducting and there was a whole microphone debacle, but they were able to figure it out and everything was beautifully done.  Brooke sang The Miracle with a few other Primary kids and I felt the Spirit so strongly as the children sang. That song touches my heart like no other, and the words stayed with me all day. 

Jesus bled and died to save me
A price that I could never pay alone
When he rose, He gave me
The greatest gift the world has ever known
Yes, I can be forgiven every time that I repent
And someday He will lift me up to live with Him again

Jesus is a God of miracles
Nothing is at all impossible to Him
But I know this:
Of all his miracles, the most incredible must be
The miracle that rescues me

The miracle that rescues you and me

Along with the real meaning of Easter, we also enjoy the traditions that come with it.  The Easter bunny left some fun goodies for the kids, and a few things for Kevin and I as well. (Colby put sticky notes on some old baskets we had so that it would be clear to the Easter bunny what basket belonged to "Dad" and "Mom."
I loved watching the kids and their excitement over every little thing that was in their baskets. 
After church, we headed straight up to Flower Mound to celebrate with family at Grandma and Papa's house. 
Getting the cousin picture was harder than usual this year because we couldn't get Emery and Colby to both be smiling in the same picture! But we managed and I love these kiddos. 
A quick picture with Grandma and Papa...
The weather was perfect and the kids loved all the time outside.  Debbie (a friend from CA) joined us for Easter dinner and brought along her puppy, Gemma.  She was definitely the star of the show, but the gift basket she brought the kids was also a big hit.
Larry was also in town visiting, so we enjoyed having his company as well. 
We enjoyed a yummy meal together, then moved on to the egg hunt!
Since "Mom" forgot their Easter baskets at home, my kids had to use tote bags for the collecting.  But they held more eggs than their baskets would have, so really it was a win-win situation. 
Brooke is always so sweet with Emery and was helping check her Easter eggs.
After completing the hunt in the front yard, we moved on to the back.  But not before taking a half-time picture :)
I thought I had found the perfect spot for the Golden Egg, but Kinley eventually found it. 
Then it was time for the sorting...
To end our day, we enjoyed the strawberry shortcake that I made.  It was such a nice day with family and I went home feeling very grateful that we could celebrate such a special day together.

No comments:

Post a Comment