Monday, March 27, 2023

happy bathroom

After painting Brooke's bedroom, I wanted to move on to her bathroom.  She wasn't super excited about having white walls in her room, so I assured her that we could do a light aqua in her bathroom.  (I loved the white walls because it felt fresh and clean and really made all her colorful accessories pop.)
 I picked up several paint chips to decide on a color, and thought I found the perfect one.  Brooke seemed excited about the color, so I bought a gallon of paint and moved forward with my plan. As I started painting, I worried that the color was a little bright, but I thought maybe it would be lighter once it dried. Well, it didn't get any lighter, and although Brooke loved it, Kevin wasn't a big fan. He kept saying that he thought I was painting it a really light shade of aqua, which is what I wanted, but it didn't turn out the way I envisioned.  
But since Brooke loved it so much, we decided to just leave it as is. Next up was painting the oak cabinets, replacing the mirror, hanging new light fixtures, and incorporating a few new decor items. 
Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out, and most importantly, Brooke loves it and it really does go perfectly with her bright and cheerful personality. She especially loves the fancy knobs on her cabinets.  I bought several options for her to choose from, and she went for the glitzy ones :)
I would eventually like to change out the flooring, but for now, it's a big improvement from what it was.  Brooke suggested that we stencil the floor with dolphins, which would really take it to another level, haha.  But it's staying as is for the foreseeable future!!  

It's always more work than you think, but new paint can really transform a space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment