Wednesday, July 27, 2022

san diego-day 5

I woke up to find all these cuties eating breakfast and playing a game together.  I'm not sure which adult poured them cereal, but I was grateful that they didn't wake me up :)
We loved La Jolla shores so much the first time we went, we decided to go back!  The sun was out and the boogie boarding was nonstop...
One of my favorite parts of the day was watching Brooke help Claire catch wave after wave!  She has such a nurturing heart and the joy on Claire's face was just precious. 
Ellie was doing so well and it was fun seeing her excitement with the whole process. 
Lots of hand holding in the waves...
Thankfully, the house we were renting provided us with lots of beach chairs for relaxing. One of my favorite part of beach days is sitting around and just enjoying the warm sun and the sand in my toes, so I was happy to have time for that. 
Auntie Madi helped the kids make a sand castle/fortress and the boys were extremely proud of their hard work. 
 
Jeffrey taught Ellie how to catch sand crabs, and that girl was fearless!  She kept digging them out of the sand, and Claire was brave enough to hold one. 
I can't even remember the context of this picture, but I do know that Jeffrey was trying to surprise me with a bucket of water to my back.  Thankfully, he didn't do it because I would have definitely retaliated :)
We played more sand baseball, then finally decided to call it a day.  You can take the Californians out of California, but you can't take the love of the beach out of them! 
It was such a beautiful day in the sun with the family. I felt bad that Dad missed out, but he was probably really glad that he didn't have to be uncomfortable at the beach. And we did play games with him that night, so he didn't miss out on ALL the fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment