Sunday, September 22, 2019

35th birthday

Well, it's official, i'm practically 40, haha.  I don't really feel a whole lot different, but I hate that I just keep getting older.  Probably because we still want another baby and that isn't happening for us.  Not only is my ovarian reserve like that of someone in their 40's, my chronological age is creeping up as well. But, I was still happy to celebrate, especially if it meant a date night with this guy :) 
e
I requested dinner at P.F. Changs, followed by the Downton Abbey movie.  Going to the movies isn't normally my favorite date, but since we watched all the seasons together, we were pretty excited to go see the movie. Dinner was delicious, and the movie was great :)

Sunday was my actual birthday, which meant going to church.  The RS President had also coordinated a presidency meting after church, so I needed to stay after. When she realized that it was my birthday, she felt super bad, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.  Sunday birthdays are a little different anyway.  But it turns out that it gave my cute family just the right amount of time to prepare the cutest birthday lunch for me.  When I walked in the door, they had everything set out, including a pasta salad and a chocolate banana muffin (homemade) with a candle burning on top.  They were beaming with pride at their surprise, and it really made my whole day!
That evening, when I came down the stairs after putting the kids to bed, I could see something was stuck all over the front door.  I went outside to figure out who was responsible for this kind act, and I was pretty sure it was the Danielson family. Each heart had a sweet message or a quality they liked about me.  On one of the bigger hearts, Melanie Danielson (the mom) had written about what a great YW President I had been and that she was grateful that her daughter Rachel was able to learn from me.
I was really touched that their family would take the time to do something so sweet for me and I saved several of the hearts to keep in my journal :)  Words can be a powerful thing, and I love that they used their words for good.  I will definitely be doing this for someone in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment