Tuesday, June 11, 2019

sweet girl

 Our sweet girl turned 6, which meant that it was picture time!!  This was the first year we didn't do the balloons for her annual picture, but it was getting too crazy with big balloons and insane helium charges. I love how they turned out, and I especially love the personality shining though on this first one!
I had picked this dress out for Brooke a month prior because she loves her other maxi dress, and she was just as thrilled about this one! The sunglasses were a birthday gift from her friend Jerzey, and she has been taking them everywhere with her.  When she requested to take a picture in them, I couldn't say no and I LOVE that her style and personality are so evident in that picture.  She is my little fashionista :) The whole photo shoot was totally impromptu because I normally have my friend Danielle take the pictures, but this particular day was cooler than usual, so I decided to just go for it and do the pictures myself.
 The gate to the bridge was closed (again), but since that hasn't stopped us in the past, I lifted the kids over the gate and hopped over myself.  I think they close it because it's copperhead season and they close the trails...but I figured that the bridge was still safe. Brooke was a little worried about every little creeping thing she saw, which is why I took this picture, haha.
 I know that I am biased as her mother, but I love the sweetness that shines through her little face.  She truly is a good girl, and I love seeing her tender heart grow every single day.
 When the smiles starting looking forced, I tried to make her laugh by having her close her eyes, then do a silly face, then back to a regular smile.  I have lots of funny pics, but I liked this one the best...
 This pose was all Brooke :)
 These pictures make me realize even more that my little girl is growing up and I'm not sure how I feel about it!
 Then it was time to throw Colby in the mix, and he was such a challenge, haha.  He just wanted to make silly faces and wiggle around.
 While trying to get real smiles, I made some comment about smiling like it was Christmas, and this is what I got, haha.
 These two love each other, and I love seeing the bond they have.  I obviously told them to look at each other, but I love that Brooke lowered her head towards her brother.
 And tried to help him smile, haha. Totally a big sister move :)
 In the end, I finally got some good ones!!
 Colby requested some on his own, but then was doing the weirdest smiles!  I had about 10 of him pulling this smile...
 Which then turned into major cheese smile, but I sure love this nutty boy.
 Besides some of the nonsense from Colby, the whole photo session went pretty well, so we headed over to play at the park.  It was rather packed but such a beautiful evening so we stayed for a while.  I had promised that we would get zepolis from Olive Garden for a treat, but since it was also dinner time, we enjoyed a fun meal together as well.  Kevin was at his softball game so he missed all the fun.  I felt bad about missing, especially since it was the perfect night for softball!  But we are definitely blessed with these two littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment