Thursday, June 28, 2018

piano lessons

It's pretty amazing when a woman in your ward teaches piano lessons!  And when she only charges $10 per 30 minute lesson, you jump for joy!  Seriously, she is amazing, and I feel like the service she is doing for all these kids in our ward is commendable. Sister Duff was Brooke's sunbeam teacher, which is when Brooke fell in love with her.  She is patient, kind, and always made Brooke feel special.  At the end of May, I was emailing with her about a YW thing, and she randomly asked if I wanted Brooke to start piano lessons.  I figured she would start when she was 6 or 7, but Sister Duff explained that she started out calling them "piano games", and that she had several other students who were 5.  I wasn't sure how Brooke would feel about it, but when I casually mentioned it, she literally ran around the house screaming with excitement.  That made the decision easy :).The first lesson was adorable and I could tell that Brooke was very comfortable throughout the whole thing.  Sister Duff's style is very low pressure and high encouragement, which is great for an early learner.
The whole experience has been so enjoyable.  Sister Duff doesn't have any grandkids yet, but half of her living room houses all sorts of toys for the siblings of her piano students.  Colby has a blast, all while Brooke has her lesson and I can sit and watch the whole thing.  After each lesson, she allows the students to pick a small toy from her box, as well as a treat.  She even lets Colby pick a treat :)

I'm excited to see Brooke continue to grow and develop her skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment