Friday, June 15, 2018

swim lessons

We signed Brooke up for another round of swim lessons at the Natatorium.  She started out at level 3, and the first lesson was amazing.  She basically had one-on-one instruction, and was really making progress.  The next few days were really frustrating for me because she was with two other kids (and one instructor), so she wasn't getting the swim time and the coach wasn't pushing her.  We had been swimming at home, so I knew what she was capable of, and she wasn't performing at her lessons.

I finally went and said something to the director, so she sent someone over to work with her for probably 10 minutes of the 30 minute lesson, and again, she made progress.  This continued until the end of the lessons, but I wasn't as impressed with the coaches as I was last year.

She did gain confidence by the end of the two week lesson period, so I was happy about that.  She was swimming all over our pool by the end of the summer, so I'm excited to see where she's at next summer.
Shoutout to Colby who was a champ at sitting in the spectator section every morning for 30 minutes...
He just needs snacks and he is a happy camper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment