Tuesday, July 17, 2018

colby's room

Welcome to Colby's nursery!  I decided that it was high time I took pictures of Colby's cute room before we converted his crib to a toddler bed.  He was still sleeping great in his crib, but being pregnant, I was worried that I was doing too much lifting.  Here is his room before any changes were made...
I made the curtains, which I really love!  Kevin was hesitant about that color, but I think it's totally boy, but also more fun than an all-blue room!  I love the pictures above his changing pad.
The cute printable was an enlargement of a printable displayed at my baby shower, and there's something I love about having a belly picture in a child's nursery.  I guess I like the reminder of the baby being a part of the mother, so loved even before he and she enters the world!
You've had the tour, now come the changes!
First step, the toddler bed conversion...
He loved his toddler bed, but it didn't last long because Kevin and I grew tired of trying to crawl into his bed to get him to sleep, haha.  I was actually pretty amazed that we could do it :)

Fast forward a few months, and we decided it was time for the full bed conversation.  My parents were in town and helped me shop for mattresses, which was too much for me post D & C.  I thought I was fine, so we all headed to Costco, but as we tried different mattresses, I became really sick and had to sit down.  I ended up just ordering one online, which Mom and Dad sponsored, and it arrived a few days after they left.  The mattress is all memory foam, which is heavenly.  I think we all love the new space.  Colby especially loves his construction vehicle sheets :)
My little boy is officially growing up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment