Tuesday, November 28, 2017

giving thanks

Jerry and Bev were hosting Thanksgiving this year. and I really had minimal food assignments, so it was a very low-key holiday for me :)  Dad was with us (for 2 weeks), which was really nice as well. Before we had our big meal, we headed to the backyard for family pictures per Jerry's request.  It was a beautiful Fall afternoon, and the lighting was perfect!  

Brooke and I had a mini-photo session in the car to keep us entertained since the novelty of me sitting in the back with them hadn't worn off yet. 
We truly are lucky to live near family, and our kids adore their cousins so much.
Getting all the kids to smile at the same time was harder than it should have been, but they were adorable for their picture with Grandma and Papa and the picture holding hands.
Then I wanted ONE picture with my Dad, and Brooke had to throw a stink.  I thought we were getting over this?  Anyway, Mel took a picture of my "chat" with Brooke, which is just hilarious to me.  I will definitely be showing this to her one day.
But it worked because she did a beautiful smile, and then could go back to playing.  I think pictures are so annoying to kids, but then again, they love to look back at them.  One of my favorite things is when Brooke will join me in the office and we'll look back at old pictures on the computer and reminisce about the fun times we had.  I really do feel so grateful for my family and for this season of Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment