Sunday, November 5, 2017

colby boy is TWO

Happy Birthday to our sweet boy!!  It's hard to believe that he is already two, but time flies when you're busy. I mean, when you're having fun :) Brooke was just as excited that it was her brother's birthday, and gave him those sweet kisses without prompting from me. 
It was probably cruel that I had all the presents ready, but wouldn't let him open them until Daddy got home that night!  We filled the day with lots of playtime, and were ready to open presents as soon as Kevin walked in the door.  Made things that much more exciting, haha!  Then we headed for ice cream at Iggy's.
Saturday was his Paw Patrol birthday party, per Colby's request :)  The funniest part about his whole Paw patrol obsession is that he has never actually seen the show!  Grandma gave him 3 books that he loves, and he sees Paw patrol backpacks at Brooke's school each week.  I guess since he likes dogs, it was only natural for him to love these characters. (Random note: That night, I tried to look up Paw Patrol episodes on YouTube, and I was appalled at the number of "fake" shows that started out normally, then switched to the dog's heads blowing up, and other disturbing things. Some people are so creepy!)
Brooke helped me set up for the party while Colby took his nap.  She really is the best helper when it comes to parties because she loves all the details. 
It was a pretty low-key party, but so perfect for a two year old.  We opened gifts, ate pizza, salad, and fruit for dinner, then played outside and had a blast with cousins.
As we finished up dinner, I heard gut-laughing from the office.  I have no idea what was so funny, but these four kept cracking up and I managed to get a picture of them all mid-laugh.  Thats a miracle, right there!
Riding his new scooter from Grandma and Papa!  When he opened the bag containing his scooter, he looked inside and started shouting "My new tooter." It was hilarious, and everyone kept asking him what he got for his birthday just to hear him say it again.
We're so grateful for Colby-boy, and love that kid to pieces! He brings all sorts of crazy to our home, but it's our new normal and we love his infectious smile, loud voice, and sweet heart.
In keeping with the birthday balloon tradition, here are his official two year pictures...
I chose the worst day possible for these pictures because Colby was a little cranky (he was getting sick), and it was incredibly windy.  I was so frustrated by the end of the process, that I decided I was always going to bother Danielle to take the pictures for me!  It's took hard to get a real smile out of him AND get a good picture at the same time, haha.  Brooke was trying to help, but Colby was just not in the mood.  And I didn't want to pay to inflate those giant balloons on a different day, so I wasn't giving up!

No comments:

Post a Comment