Saturday, November 11, 2017

family pics

We had our family pictures taken by Miss Danielle again this year, and the top picture is one of my favs! She always seems to capture the best moments and expressions from my kids.  We always seem to go with blues, but when I found Brooke's dress on sale at Crewcuts, I wanted blues again.  Plus, Kevin prefers blue, so it's a lot easier to find something he actually likes. I already had my dress, so I really only bought Kevin a pink shirt and Colby's shirt/sweater combo. As we were driving to meet Danielle, I had a nervous stomach.  I don't know why I always stress about pictures, but I am always worried about how cooperative the kids will be, if our outfits will look good, etc.  It seems ridiculous to even write that, but that's the reality for me because you know how much I like pictures :)

I told the kids that if they cooperated, they could pick something from the Dollar Spot at Target.  Brooke was already doing great, but when I told her we were gonna switch bows, she simply said "Okay, Mom", and Danielle said, "What did you bribe her with?", haha.  (She ended up picking a Santa Slingshot, haha.) She knows Brooke too well and is familiar with her general dislike for pictures.  Thankfully, I think she's growing out of it!

I also had one more freak-out moment as we drove in and saw all the Fall trees.  I worried that our colors would look silly, and wished that I had done a yellow or purple instead of the pink accent color. But, it was too late, so I just tried to stop stressing. And they turned out so great, so again, I need to stop worrying so much.

I love this one SO much, and love the goofy ones beneath because it shows their silly personalities.
I can't believe how old Brookie looks in this one, and although Danielle told her to put her hand on her hip, she put her feet like that on her own, which was just adorable.
Sweet boy, he really did't want to let go of his stick, so it made an appearance in his picture with Daddy. 
After the pictures, we promised that we could go play on the playground for a bit.  People were kind of giving us strange looks for being so dressed up at the park, which was comical.
I love my people and am grateful for such beautiful pictures to treasure forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment