Tuesday, August 30, 2016

august with the littles

Some of the moments I don't want to forget...
This was such a fun evening at the lake!  It's rare for Kevin and I to have pictures together these days, so I'm happy to have this one.
Our hangout during the second hour of church, haha.  I was normally able to nurse Colby and let him nap until I went to young women's.
One afternoon I braided Brooke's hair, and when I stepped back, I could not believe how long she looked.  My little girl is growing up so so quickly!
Speaking of growing up, she loved our outing to Ulta.  She was so patient as I was being color-matched for new powder, but as soon as I was finished, she asked if she could try on a lipstick she had been eyeing.
She set up an adorable little picnic for her babies and Colby.  It's so fun that her and Colby are actually able to play more now.  He is still rather destructive, but Brooke is (mostly) patient with him.
A Saturday lunch date to Torchy's tacos...
Building homes for princesses with legos, bristle blocks, and books!
An outing to Home Depot...
Sundays with my girl.  I love matching with Brooke, but of course she would only agree to take a picture if we could make silly faces.  I'll take it as a "candid" shot, haha.
These kids love their Daddy so much.  When he works in the office, the kids have such a hard time leaving him alone.  I know he loves it though!
I introduced the concept of science experiments, which Brooke loved.  She has such an inquisitive little mind, and I love seeing her excited to try new things.
An evening family swim.  This is something I LOVED doing as a kid, and since Kevin misses most of our pool outings during the week, this was a special treat.
And last, but not least, we signed Brookie up for a dance class called Ballet/Tap/Tumble at a dance studio in Mansfield called Family Dream Center. I had been toying with the idea for a while, and decided that it was time to take the plunge.  I toured the studio, and although I never danced as a kid, it seemed like a good fit and a good program.  She goes every Friday from 10:30-11:30am, and is in a class with 7-8 other little girls who are 3 and 4.
August was great, now on to documenting September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment