Sunday, August 28, 2016

golfing with daddy

Ever since I bought Brooke her own fat golf club (from Aldi, haha), she has been wanting to try golfing with Daddy. One (very hot) Saturday, we met Jerry and Bev at the driving range in Grapevine.  They brought Kevin's first set of golf clubs, and we were all excited to see Brooke hitting the ball.  Except that she didn't want to!!  What?? She was super shy about it, and didn't want to go anywhere near the clubs or balls. I was really surprised by her reaction because she had literally been talking about it all week.  I was getting frustrated because we were all out there sweating to death, and she wasn't even trying it!  We watching Kevin hit some balls, I swung at a few, and we finally convinced Brooke to hit 3 or 4 with the promise of a dollar if she tried it.  I hate that we had to bribe her, but I also was sure that she would like it if she would just try.
So, although then outing did NOT go as planned, it was still cute to see her watch Kevin and allow hi to explain a sport that he loves.
Then we headed to the lake!  I love this picture of Colby boy. I have a smilier picture of Brooke at this age, which I am not about to dig out. Maybe one day, haha.
Brooke loves her Papa, and Papa loves moments like this.
The Peacocks joined us, and these little girls had so much fun together!  It's so fun to see them making memories together :)

1 comment: