Wednesday, September 30, 2015

play group

I feel so grateful that I have been able to make great friends in our ward!  We generally got together every week during the summer to swim, but my friend Jen put together an official play group for this Fall.  She planned outings for every Wednesday, and its been great having this to look forward to every week.  One week she planned to go to the Ft Worth Zoo.  I had already taken Brooke a few weeks prior (when the train outing was a bust), but for half price admission, I figured it was worth a trip back :)  Plus, it's always fun to go with friends.
Brooke has become quite attached to Mattie, who is 4.  She kept tabs on her all afternoon, and kept asking, "Where is my Mattie?"  Thankfully, Mattie loves Brooke too, so it's a mutual friendship :)
These boys are too adorable for works.  Brooks is only 6 weeks older than Brooke, and Harvey is a few months younger.  They are both the sweetest little guys ever, and Brooke has especially taken to Harvey!  This water feature was awesome on a hot Texas day.  The zoo also has a splash pad, but I didn't remember Brooke's swimsuit, so I just let her get soaked in her clothes.
Other play group dates have included: park days, toddler time at Chick-fil-a, pumpkin patch/petting zoo, and Legoland. I am sure we will have more fun seasonal activities in the next few months!  It is finally starting to cool down here in Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment