Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Car Shopping

First off, let me say that I really hate car shopping!  We really imagined that the Honda would be adequate with two kids, but when we actually started thinking about the logistics of it, we realized that Brooke's car seat wouldn't fit well behind the driver seat (her legs would be basically pinned between her chair and the driver's chair), and the infant car seat wouldn't fit behind the driver's seat either.  Which meant that we needed to consider a new vehicle.  Although I have never wanted to drive a mini-van, it seemed like a pretty good option with small kids.  It would allow Brooke to be more independent in getting in and out of the car, which would make things easier on me with a new baby.  Kevin was REALLY not excited about a minivan, so he came up with several other car buying plans for our family.  We went back and forth between buying a new or a used car, and spent lots of time searching online.  We went on several outings to look at the cars, and Miss Brooke was really a champ through the whole experience.  
This particular day we had spent like 3.5 hours at the dealership, making Brooke miss her nap time (hence the pacifier).  We were wrapping up, but I was super irritated because the sales guy had really wasted our time with false promises.  Brooke was eating M & M's, bent down to pick one up from the floor, stood up quickly and smacked her head on the wooden desk.  She hit her little head so hard, and was crying a lot.  I picked her up, and told Kevin that I was leaving, haha.  I took Brooke straight to the car and he quickly joined me.

In the end, we ended up with a used 2008 Nissan Armada, and I am happy to say that the whole process was worth it because I love this car.  It is bigger than we originally planned, but based on the price and the quality of the vehicle, we felt like we scored. Having a large SUV made me worried at first, but thanks to the back-up camera and parking sensors, it really is a breeze to drive.  Brooke's favorite feature is the DVD player.  Pretty sure I have listened to The Little Mermaid 15 times in the last month, haha.
The day after we bought the Armada, Brooke and I headed to the car wash. Brooke thought it was pretty great to be close to the window since she has always been in the middle seat in our Honda.  Since the Armada also drives like a truck, you can hear when I accelerate.  Every time I would push on the gas, Brooke would say "Slow down Mama", or "Be careful Mama".  It was pretty hilarious, and lasted for a week or more until she became used to the car noises.
Now we need to fill this big car with babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment