Friday, September 27, 2013

Two Month Snapshot

We took Brooke to church at 5 weeks and Kevin jokes that Brooke was crying because she hates Sunday pictures too!  I was pretty nervous about taking her because I didn't want people to hold her, I wasn't sure how she would do in that setting, etc, but she was either awake and content, or sleeping in my arms. And nobody asked to hold her, which was a relief. The next week, I was a little less uptight and I let one of my young women hold her :)

 She still sleeps quite a bit during the day, and is starting to go one long stretch (4-5 hrs)  at night so I am feeling more rested.  I have really had to adjust my expectations of what I can accomplish during the day though because if she is awake, I like to play with her, and more often than not, she falls asleep in my arms and takes her naps there.  This is probably breaking all the sleep training rules, but I love that time with her!  It still is a bit surreal that she is our little girl.  Of course there are nights when I lose my patience because she is screaming and I can't figure out how to help her, but those nights are usually followed by a really great day, so it balances out in an emotional sense, haha.
 This picture cracks me up! She has started to gain more weight and I can definitely see it in her tummy and cheeks. 



 She is just starting to smile, and I swear, it took me a million pictures on both my camera and phone until I was finally able to catch it!! Pretty darn cute if you ask me :)


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love all your pictures! Especially your picture of the three of you at the top of your blog! Makes me so happy for you guys, and Katie, you are STUNNINGLY beautiful! Being a mommy suites you, girl! Give that sweet baby a squeeze for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new picture at the top of your blog. You look so pretty! Brooke is adorable as always and I'm glad she's doing her part to help balance the rough moments with the good days. :) See you next month!

    ReplyDelete