Saturday, June 5, 2010

Orlando Temple


Last Saturday we had the opportunity to go on the Youth Temple Trip. The closest temple is in Orlando, which is about 4 hours away. All I can say, is that I have been spoiled in every other place I have lived because the temple has been at most an hour and a half away. I think it makes you appreciate it a little more when it is so far away, but then it makes it harder to go as often as you would like. Fortunately, they are building the "South Florida" temple about 30 minutes from where we live right now. That are currently figuring out all the permits, etc. and then they will start the build. So, in about two years, we will no longer need to make that long drive!! We saw preliminary pictures at a special Fireside we went to and it will be beautiful.

Overall, I think the kids had a great time on the trip and it was exciting to be there for a lot of the girls who were going for the first time. The Spirit was strong and I think the youth recognized the importance of the work they were doing. Something Jeffrey (my missionary brother) wrote in his last letter to me perfectly applies... "without the link that baptisms for the dead makes, we can't be perfect and the Earth will be cursed." (D & C 128:18)


No comments:

Post a Comment