Thursday, November 10, 2022

veteran's day

The Daulton Choir was invited to perform at the Mansfield Veteran's Day Salute and when I broke the news to Brooke that Kevin and I both had prior commitments (RS Super Saturday and Andre's wedding), she quickly said, "Can you please ask Grandma to take me?" And Grandma happily obliged :) 
Over 50 kids showed up to watch the parade and then sing.
My friend Rheta sent me this adorable picture because she knew I was sad to miss the event!
Colby was pretty pumped that he was given a free t-shirt during the parade, so he changed as soon as he got home. I was home by this point, so we enjoyed some time at the park.  The weather was absolutely beautiful (mid 60's), so we were soaking in that sunshine. 
Brooke and I were cracking up as we tried to go down the slide together, haha. Her static hair also made us giggle. 
They also hosted the annual Veteran's Day program at school, which I always love.  The kids perform towards the group of seated veterans, so parents stand in the parking lot and see their backs.  But once I saw other parents sneaking behind the veterans to take pictures and videos, I did the same. 
 I loved watching my sweet girl perform with the choir and I was brought to tears as I thought about those who have served our country. 
The kids were all freezing because the weather turned mid-performance, but I loved seeing my cute boy among his classmates.  (picture was taken after the program)
Brooke and Claire were hanging out together after school, so I quickly snapped their picture as well. I love Brooke in red, but it was crazy to me that she could borrow my sweater.  It looked a little big, but she loved being able to wear something of mine :) And she looked very festive!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment