Sunday, February 16, 2020

love day

On the 13th of February, this sweet girl took valentines for her class.  A few weeks prior, while getting passport pictures at Walgreens, she had picked out candy bracelets for her classmates.  We sort of procrastinated on the tag making, but a few days before her class party, I found the cutest tags on Pinterest.  I showed them to Brooke and she wasn't thrilled with them.  Her comment was something along the lines of, "I wanted something more simple." We perused Pinterest together, but nothing she liked was free, so I was getting frustrated.  I told her I would continue to look while she worked on something else, but I said several times that I wasn't going to waste a lot of time searching.  While I continued to search, she yelled from the kitchen, "I can just use that other one, Mama, so you don't have to waste your time."  Wow, I felt like the meanest Mom ever!  I immediately regretted telling her that it was a waste of my time, and ended up just creating something myself that she absolutely loved.  Hopefully she will remember that I created something just for her rather than me telling her I was wasting my time :(

Of course, she loved her class party and came home with all sorts of goodies and prizes.  Colby was super jealous of her loot, but thankfully, she was really sweet about sharing with him. That night, as I was preparing a valentine for each of the kids, Kevin went into the garage and came back in with roses for me and this huge gift basket for Brooke.  The gas station next to Certifit was selling gift baskets for $20, and when he checked his wallet, he only had $13.  He asked them what he could get for that amount, and they sold him this cute basket.  It had a teddy bear, a body care set (lotion, body wash, and a loofah), and some candy.  
I asked him what he bought for Colby, and he said he thought V-day was more a day for him to buy something for his girls.  I knew that Colby would definitely feel sad, so I helped him create this candy bouquet for the little guy with candy we had in our pantry.  And you know what, Brooke was sort of jealous about his huge candy bars, haha.  But she was over the moon with her gift basket.
The little heart bags were from me, and were pretty simple.  Brooke received a gold headband, a gold friendship bracelet (I was super excited about this one since I got the other half, haha!), and a big container of Tic Tacs.  Colby's bag had the yo-yo he was wanting, and Tic Tacs.

On Friday the 14th, Brooke had the day off school, so we headed to the library for story time with friends. Her new teddy bear had to be in the picture as well :)
Story time was fun as usual, and the craft afterwards was valentine themed.  Bring on ALL the hearts!!
Colby has recently become very meticulous about his artwork, and his finished product was beautiful and is currently on display on the fridge.
Our friends Liam, Luca, and their mom Ashley met us at story time, but as they parked their car at the library, their car stopped working.  They had taken it back and forth to the dealership like 3 times recently, so to say that she was frustrated would be an understatement.  But since we didn't have plans for the day, we were able to help :) After calling the tow truck, we spent an hour or more in the children's section (to kill time), then moved their car seats into our car, piled in together, and headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch.  We took our time at lunch, let the kids play in the indoor play area for a while, then finally made our way to the dealership where they were given a loaner car. It was a fun impromptu day spent together with friends!
On Saturday, since Jerry and Bev were watching Kinley and Aubrey for the weekend, they offered for us to bring the kids up so the cousins could all play together and we could go on a date.  We definitely took them up on the offer!  The kids had a blast playing together, and Kevin and I ate dinner at one of our our favorite places, Mi Cocina.  Their brisket tacos are always delicious, and it had been a long time since we'd been there.  After dinner, we shopped a bit, which was a nice break from our normal routine together.
I'm grateful for the loves in my life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment