Tuesday, February 11, 2020

a sense of accomplishment

Today was Colby's second "Showcase" day.  All this really means is that parents come in the last 10 minutes of class for the kids to demonstrate a certain skill they have been working on.  This particular week, the skill was running, jumping off the springboard with both feet, and doing a forward roll on the large elevated mat.  Not what is pictured below, haha, but this is what he really wanted to show me after the real showcase skill.  
After all the kids had the opportunity to show off their skills, the teachers presented them with tiny plastic trophies.  When Colby received his first one, his reaction was pretty comical.  He said, "What did I get this for?"  I explained it was because of his great gymnastics skills :) This time, since he knew it was coming, he was pumped!
He came right home to place his trophies together on his dresser.  He then remembered about his soccer medals, so he dug those out as well.  But then he decided to lay them all out on his bed for me to see, and THEN he wanted to be in the picture will all those great medals and trophies.  As he climbed onto his bed and arranged everything to his liking, he said, " I really proud of myself."  It was really sweet and I loved seeing his confidence :)

No comments:

Post a Comment