Friday, March 8, 2019

spirit week

We survived our first Spirit Week, haha!  Every single day was a dress-up day, and Brooke was pretty excited about it :)  It was also National Literacy Awareness, so they tried to tie all the Spirit days into reading.

Monday was Neon Day, and something about having BRIGHT minds. It was incredible windy that morning, so this expression really cracks me up.  
Tuesday was Sports Day, and Brooke wanted to wear both of her old soccer jerseys and both medals! I'm glad she is so proud of her soccer seasons, haha. We EXERCISE our minds when we are reading.
Wednesday was Tourist Day, because books can take you on adventures!  This bucket hat from Auntie Mel Mel looked like the perfect tourist hat to me, but Brooke changed her mind at the last minute and wanted the blue hat.  I still convinced her to take pictures in both, because hey, she looked adorable in both :)
She was especially excited that I let her take this old California map in her pink seashell bag.
Thursday was Book Character day, and Brooke dressed up as Fancy Nancy.  My friend from Arizona had posted a picture of her daughter dressed as Fancy Nancy and I thought it was genius!  When you have a girl that loves to wear dresses, jewelry, and a tiara headband, she will most definitely love the idea of being Fancy Nancy.
When I picked Brooke up from school that day (Thursday), she did not look well.  As soon as she was dismissed, she ran right over to hug me and asked if we could go home.  (We normally stay and play with friends for 30 minutes or so.)  I said of course, and asked if she was feeling sick.  I could feel the heat from her little head as she hugged me tightly.  She said yes, and when I asked her how long she had been feeling this way, she said ALL DAY.  I asked her why she didn't tell Mrs. Hickerson, and she admitted that she knew she would have to go to the nurse and she didn't know what they did there.  My poor baby!  I assured her that they would've only taken her temperature and then given me a call to let me know that she was ill.  I really hated that she had felt miserable all day and just sat in class.  I'm also surprised that her teacher didn't notice that she wasn't herself.  I knew the minute that I looked at her face that something wasn't right.

Anyway, we came home and Brooke changed into pajamas and climbed right into her bed and slept till nearly 7.  When she woke up, she had a low grade fever, so I emailed her teacher to let her know that Brooke was sick and wouldn't be at school the next day.  It was the Friday before Spring Break, so I wasn't all that concerned about her missing, but I was really hoping she wouldn't be sick all during the break!  Mrs. Hickerson emailed right back and let me know that they already had 4 kids out with confirmed flu cases, and Brooke had been one that was chosen to help her sanitize things in the classroom the day before.  On Friday morning, Mrs. Hickerson emailed me to check on Brooke, and let me know that she had a few more out with Strep and Flu, so basically her classroom needed some deep sanitation! Thankfully, that happened during Spring Break and Brooke was only sick through the weekend :)

So, she didn't participate in Friday's Spirit Day and I can't even remember what it was, haha.  But overall, it was a great week and we both enjoyed getting into the Spirit of the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment