Saturday, August 18, 2018

softball tuesday

Softball Tuesday started in the Spring when a group of guys in the ward decided to form a team.  They play at the Mansfield Field of Dreams ballpark, which is super nice.  All of the fields are made to look like different Major League fields, and they have batting cages and a park in the center. It's been so good for Kevin to have this outlet, and I've enjoyed watching him play each week.  The kids are only semi-attentive because all their ward friends are there.  When all the families come, it's a little chaotic with all the kids running and playing.  I'm more strict with my kids about where they can and cannot go, which has caused some tears (from Brooke), but I can't let my kids out of my sight! And we were there to watch Kevin, not play with friends, haha.  I didn't expect them to sit and watch the whole game, but I would let them know every time Kevin was up to bat, and they were awesome little cheerleaders.
Did I mention the snack bar? I had to pay $3 every game, but thankfully the kids were free.  You get a $1 token with a paid entry, so every few games we used the tokens to buy either popcorn or an Icee.
Tuesday is church league night, but we soon found out that ALL of the other teams came from Walnut Ridge church, where Brooke plays soccer.  I guess when you belong to a gigantic church, you can basically form an entire softball league, haha. Kevin's team wasn't great at the beginning, but they really made a lot of progress throughout the season and had fun while they were at it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment