Monday, August 20, 2018

kindergarten journey

I really don't know how my sweet girl is a Kindergartener already, but it happened!  We picked up her teacher assignment on August 1st, then headed to the Kinder Parent meeting on the 14th.  I had to reign in the tears a few times, but I know she will love school and thrive in this new setting.
We visited her classroom, and she was pretty quiet as she took in her new surroundings.  Her teacher, Mrs. Hickerson, was really sweet to her and even asked for a hug as we left the classroom. Brooke wasn't sure about that, haha, but I don't blame her for not wanting to hug a stranger.  I assured Mrs. Hickerson that Brooke was definitely a hugger, it would just be a matter of time :)
After wards, we picked up Colby and headed for some ice cream at a new shop in town.
This whole Kindergarten thing will be a big change for our family with a stricter schedule, but we will adapt :)

No comments:

Post a Comment