Thursday, May 31, 2018

the amorims come to texas

We are SO lucky to have amazing friends that come to visit us!  Andre and Daleth are some of the best friends we have ever had, and it's fun to spend time together with our families. You guessed it, we went to the lake together...
One of my favorite things about this trip was watching Brooke interact with Lexie.  Brooke loves that sweet girl, and you can tell through her actions. Lexie really liked being on the boat, but the sun was pretty bright that day.  We tried to hang a towel over the windows to give her shade, but it kept slipping.  Brooke sat next to her and held one edge of the towel up to give her more shade.  My heart was so happy to see their little bond. 
Daleth posted this about my Brooke...

We spent time at the pool to beat the heat...
Then Daleth and I snuck away for a few hours to shop.  I have missed shopping with my FF, and just having time together without kid distractions was exactly what I needed. I texted Kevin a few hours into our shopping trip to see how things were going, and he sent me these pictures...
I really didn't think they were going to venture out of the house, but they took the kids to the driving range (check out Brooke's special outfit), then to Iggy's for some Italian ice cream.  I'm glad they were able to have some fun as well.

Sunday was church, which meant Sunday pictures :). I had meetings in the morning, which is why Brooke showed up wearing red shoes with her Easter dress, haha.  I probably care too much about how my kids dress, but I like them to look put together.
We really are so lucky to have these friends, and that we can continue our friendship even though we are miles apart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment