Friday, August 18, 2017

hawaiian falls

 We have loved our Hawaiian Falls passes the last few years, and Mom and Dad gifted us passes again this year as our Christmas gift.  We went at least once a week, and made a lot of great memories.  Before it opened, I would talk to Brooke about what slides she wanted to try this year.  She really was too short for all of the big slides last year, but she was also scared to even think about them! As we discussed it, she commented that she was going to ride the one where you lay on a mat.  I was pretty confident that she would change her mind, but on our first outing of the season, she said she wanted to do it.  We went straight over before she had a chance to change her mind, but I explained that I wouldn't be able to ride with her since I had Colby.  She seemed so confident, which was totally shocking me.  I helped her carry her mat up the stairs, and thankfully they were really slow that day and the lifeguard assured me that she would help Brooke.

I then hustled down to the bottom to be there when she came down.  She seemed to be taking a long time at the top, so I was pretty sure that she was backing out...but then she climbed on and rode it down.  I was beaming when I saw her face, and I think she was really proud of herself.  She said that the second bump was pretty scary, but that she had fun.

She rode it once or twice more the entire season, but only because I bribed her with a dollar, haha.  I just really wanted her to ride it with Kevin and to prove to herself that she could do it again.
We met up with the Hawkins quite a bit again this summer, which is always so fun.  
 We also went almost every Friday night in July for "Friday Night Slides."  The park is open later than normal, and they have fun events planned, like fireworks and poolside movies. It's been such a fun place for our family to make memories, and I'm already looking forward to next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment