Saturday, July 1, 2017

swim lessons

 Mansfield ISD has a beautiful Natatorium right by our house, and I had heard great things about their swim lessons.  Kevin and I decided to sign Brooke up for one session, and see what we thought.  She did amazingly well, and was swimming short distances with her head in the water by day TWO!  I would have signed her up for the next session as well, but we would be gone during part of the two week period, so I opted not to. Lessons lasted 30 minutes, and parents could watch from an observation deck.  Colby climbed around quite a bit, so I was grateful when the dive team was practicing because it kept Colby mesmerized...
 During the last 5 minutes of the lesson, we were allowed to come down and watch up close, which was so fun.  We spend SO much time in the water, so I really want to get this girl swimming proficiently. She seemed so confident in herself, which was also a major bonus of the lessons!
 Her teacher was awesome, and I struggling to remember if her name was Sage, or Jade.  One of those :)  She was patient, sweet, and pushed Brooke a little to encourage her to progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment