Saturday, November 5, 2016

colby's first birthday

A few days before Colby's birthday, Brooke and I were planning how we wanted the day to go.  We decided to fill his crib with balloons in the morning, so that is what we did.  He thought it was pretty funny.  Then Brooke wanted to get in the crib with him, haha. 

We had a pretty normal morning, and I think even had to run a few errands to get ready for his weekend birthday party. We picked up some Chick-fil-A on the way home, and picnicked outside on the driveway. You can never go wrong with CFA fries!
I let him open up his gift from Kimmie and Josh since I knew it was a bubble machine.  He absolutely loved it!
That night, I made spaghetti for dinner (I think?  I remember wanting to make something he really loved.  This is why you shouldn't wait 4 months to blog about your baby's birthday!) and Colby opened the rest of his presents.  We gave him a plush puppy dog sleeping bag, Jeffrey and Madi gave him a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse tool set, and Nay Nay and Papa gave him a pirate ship.  Him and Brooke were both super excited about the new toys.  Brooke said to him, "Colby, you can be in charge of the sleeping bag, and I'll be in charge of these toys." Hahaha!
Oh, and the cute chair was from Grandma and Papa (J & B). They started a fun tradition of giving one of those chairs to each grandkid on their first birthday. 

Overall, I think our little guy had a good first (actual) birthday, and sure felt the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment