Wednesday, March 11, 2015

a little snow and ice

We had the craziest weather the last week of February and the first week of March! We had an ice storm first, which looked like snow, but was really just tiny balls of ice.  It started about 11 pm and was steady all night long.  I actually kind of enjoyed listening to it hit the windows as I was going to bed, but I was certainly grateful that I was nice and warm at home. I didn't take Brooke out the next day because we had both been sick, and I figured I needed to be a responsible parent.  But the next day, due to major cabin fever on both of our parts, we decided to go out and play in it.  Brooke had a blast with all her sand toys and she enjoyed scooping the ice with her little shovel.
 This was the happiest I had seen her all week!  We were running out of things to do inside the house. (The only positive was that I didn't spend much money that week since we literally didn't go anywhere.)
 Well, Texas decided that ice was not enough...we needed the real deal!  Brooke was a huge fan.  I dressed her in a million layers and pulled out the coat that I bought her for next year because I felt that it would repel the moisture from the snow more than her current coat.  I have a super cute video of when she first walked onto the snow.  Wasn't even a bit cautious, which surprised me.
 She, of course, requested every last toy in the garage.  We played with sand toys, her bubble machine, her soccer ball, T-ball set, and rake, haha.
It was beautiful out, with soft snow falling on our beanie-covered heads.  When I couldn't feel my fingers anymore, despite gloves, I figured it was time to take my little one inside. 

 On Saturday, since Kevin missed all the fun during the week, we bundled up and headed to the backyard.  At this point, the snow had kind of a crisp layer on the top, which broke when you stepped on it.  Made it tricky for Miss Brooke to walk around :( Then, it started to rain, so we only lasted about 10 minutes outside.  At least I have this adorable picture of Brooke and her Daddy.
 I needed a quick picture too, you know, to document that I was out there freezing my tush with the family :)
 When we came inside, after peeling off all our layers and running our hands under warm water to get the feeling back, Brooke asked for a popsicle.  She is nuts, but we love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment