Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Love Day 2015

The Monday before Valentine's Day, Brooke and I headed to Grandma's house for a girl's V-day party. We were the first to arrive, so Brooke had Grandma all to herself. Brooke loves these push-and-go Mickey/Minnie cars.
Tongue out in concentration, haha.
Kinley and Brooke made valentines, cute little giraffe crafts, played A TON, and enjoyed a pizza lunch.  Nothing could be better!  Brooke loves her cousins, and it is fun to see them interact with each other.
On Valentine's Day, I spend the morning with these lovely girls.  It was our Stake's YW Basketball tournament, and we had a lot of girls participate.  Since we were one of the first teams to arrive, our girls played first, but they unfortunately lost the game.  We then spent the next 2.5 hours hanging out in the Relief Society room eating snacks, playing games, and talking a little strategy.  They did much better the second game, but lost again, and were out of the tournament.  Kind of disappointing since we were 3rd place last year, but hey, the girls had fun, so I would call that a success. 
That afternoon, I went with my two valentines to La Madeleine for an early dinner.  It was a delicious meal with my cute dates. We opted to get a fancy heart cheesecake as well, since you know, it was Valentine's day and all.  It was pretty good, but not as great as my mom's :)  On the drive home, Brooke started saying "this" over and over, then chimed in with "open".  I reached back to see what she had, and found that she had somehow grabbed the cheesecake box from the diaper bag and was trying to open it.  I guess she wanted some more :)
When we arrived home, we gave Brooke her valentine, which was a new bubble machine.  Her old machine broke, and I found this one that was even pink and purple.  Couldn't have been better. This girl loves her bubbles.  The bubbles come out the top, and she had her face right in the midst of all the bubbles, just as happy as a clam. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.
Kevin wrote Brooke a love note, which she carried around the rest of the evening.  I think she knew it was something special.
I sure love my girl and her Dad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment