Tuesday, February 24, 2015

life with my little one (february)

Just some random things I want to remember about Brooke right now:
She is a girly-girl, but also not.  She loves her purses, bracelets, bows, and babies.  But she also loves to play with dirt and be outside. 
Something about a sleeping toddler is just adorable.  She still loves her dolly, but Minnie (a gift from my friend Joanna when their family went to DisneyWorld) has become a fast favorite as well. And let's not forget that she calls her "Mimmie" :)
She woke up when I got her out of the car after church, so we took a little Sunday Selfie.
Stake Conference with Daddy.  We were nervous about how Brooke would do during the two hour conference, and Kevin actually expressed that he would rather just start out in the Primary Room rather than going there halfway through the meeting.  I, on the other hand, wanted to see how Brooke would do, and we could always resort to the halls if needed.  Well, to our pleasant surprise, she did great for the full two hours.  I mean, I brought her favorite book, stickers, snacks, etc...so she had plenty to entertain her.
The night before, Kevin and I went to the adult session, and G + G Meador came to watch Brooke.  They sent us this picture while we were gone :)  I think they both loved the time together.
I babysat a few little boys one day, which was entertaining.  My friend has asked me to watch her son (Brooks), who is about 6 weeks older than Brooke.  She was going to be gone about 4 hours, but part of the time he would be napping, so I knew it would be no problem.  Then, another friend asked me to watch her son (pictured at the piano with Brooke) while she went to the Doctor.  I definitely wanted to help, but I admit I was a little nervous about watching all three of these toddlers!  Thankfully the boys only overlapped about 45 minutes, and it honestly was not that bad.  It did make me appreciate Brooke's calm demeanor though!
Enjoying some post-nap snuggles...
I was putting laundry away one afternoon, and I literally turned around to put clothes in my dresser for MAYBE 30 seconds.  When I turned back around, Brooke had flipped the basket over, and was standing up with the biggest grin on her face, like she knew she was going to surprise me.  I just burst out laughing, so of course, she did it over and over again.
Just taking an important call during snack time...
She wanted to carry her blanket around, but kept slipping on it and falling down.  I decided to wrap it around her shoulders, which looks ridiculous, but she was happy.
And all her babies (and Minnie) get swaddled these days.  She brought Minnie to me one day, and said "Mimmie" "Wrap".  I asked her if she wanted me to wrap Minnie in a blanket, to which she said "Yes".  She is talking SO much these days.  It really amazes me to see her little mind working.  I am not sure if this is weird, but I have been keeping track of all Brooke's words since about 12 months.  It is probably partially due to my speech pathology background, but I was just curious to see how quickly she learned words, and I wanted to remember when she started saying them.  I just added the lists to her baby book, and I think I will stop keeping track now because she has almost 90 words.  Makes a speech mama proud :)
Loves the hooded towel I made her.  I also look like a freak in this picture, but Brooke looks cute, and that's what counts, right?
She is a silly girl, but I love all her antics and the personality that continues to evolve every day.
Let's also note that Brooke turns 2 in less than 4 months!!  I cannot believe it. On one hand, I feel like she is much different than when she was one, but I just can't accept that almost a whole year has passed by.  It really makes me want to savor every moment and as cheesy as it sounds, to not take a single day for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment