Monday, March 31, 2014

The Nursery


Now that Brooke actually sleeps in the nursery, I decided it was time to post pictures!  I had a lot of fun getting Brooke's room ready.  I originally wanted the room to be gray, white, and yellow with white furniture.  Clearly, I ended up going a different route, haha.  I was having a hard time finding affordable white furniture that I liked, and then I found the bright fabric, which I loved!  Kevin was a little worried when I showed it to him, and commented that it looked like a "hippie circus".  Thankfully, he trusted me after a little convincing that the bright fabric would only be on the curtains and in the accessories :)

Kimberly helped me make the curtains while she was visiting last February.  I was very thankful for her help!  And Brooke is going to have the best book collection out there.  My mom has been collecting books for her grandchildren for years, and orders more every time she fills a book order for her Kindergarteners.  When I visited last November, I literally came home with 22 new books.  Hopefully we can instill a love of learning and books into our little ones.  For now, her favorite book is Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?.  It is adorable to see her get excited and make little noises as I read :)



1 comment:

  1. it's seriously so perfect! when i think of buying something for my house, i ask myself, "WWKD?"
    haha!

    ReplyDelete