Sunday, April 4, 2010

"Live Like You Believe"


I just got home on Friday afternoon from an awesome four days at Girl's Camp. I was really nervous before hand, and super busy with final preparations, but everything went really smoothly!! We had 8 girls that came to camp this year, and they are really great girls who all get along and have fun together. It really made me remember why I love camp so much.


Although it was very different going as a leader, it was a very rewarding experience and I definitely learned a lot. I had a great time, but I have to admit that I enjoyed being able to take a shower without wearing flip flops and I am pretty sure I slept for about 12 hours straight the night I returned home!! Thanks to my Young Women for a great week :)

P.S. In case you are wondering why I am wearing a long sleeve shirt in the first picture, even though it looks like a hot day....it is because I totally burned my arms the first day at camp although I had on sunblock, so I was trying to prevent further burning. Let me tell you, it was miserable to be so sweaty hot, with two shirts, and doing a service project where we planted trees for 3 hours in the hot afternoon sun. All I can say is, it better turn into a tan!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good time and that everything went well! Sorry about your arm! Oh Katie, I don't think I would have been a happy little camper, especially with burnt arms! You ROCK! It does look like you have a great group of YW to work with!

    ReplyDelete