Friday, February 4, 2022

snow/ice days

We had snow in Texas!!  I was so grateful for our snow gear from our trip to New Mexico because it allowed us to stay out there for nearly 3 hours. There's no way we would have lasted without it! So many neighbors were out there with us and the kids had a blast!
We busted out our sand toys, a dump truck, and our tiny wagon.
Marlie didn't stay long because she was freezing, but Carter stayed and played with Colby...
He even pushed him around on "shovel rides", haha. We really need to buy a sled for these random Texas snow days. 
Jada and Kayla were outside as well...
Later on, I found the kids on the side of the house eating the snow, so I had to get a closeup of their tongues.
I was really wishing we had some Bahama Bucks syrup to make the whole experience even more fun!
Later that day, Kayla and Annayiah came over to play.  We rarely have playdates with them even thought we live so close, so the kids loved their time together.  They even put on a fashion show for me :)
Getting creative on Day Two of our Texas snow, which had mostly turned into ice.
This lasted for a while, but I eventually got tired of shoving them down the driveway.
I remembered seeing kids in college sliding around on cookie sheets, and that's when the real fun began!!
I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy, but it kept the kids entertained for a LONG time!
Waiting for Brooke to join us for a pic when Colby squeezed me so tight and said, "Let's have one of just us first."
Love these munchkins and the two snow days we've had together.  If only Kevin could have stayed home from work!

No comments:

Post a Comment