Tuesday, December 12, 2017

little hearts program

The Little Hearts Christmas program was on a Sunday evening (December 10th) and Brooke was really excited about her role as Ma in "The Night Before Christmas" play.  Grandma and Papa came to our house for dinner beforehand, and although we arrived early at her school, the place was packed!  We barely managed to find seats together, but we couldn't see well.  Then you had parents with their phones up trying to record their child.  I told Kevin that I was totally going to be the ridiculous Mom that went and crouched in the front so I could get a picture.  I was a little embarrassed, but mostly not because I wanted good pictures of her first little preschool program.  Plus I knew the person I crouched in front of, so that made it a little less awkward.

Brooke was excited to see me so close, and then was waving at Daddy when she finally spotted him.
The funniest part was that Brooke totally started picking her nose during the play.  I kept trying to get her attention and motioning for her to get her fingers out of her nose, but she acted like she had no idea what I was doing, haha.  She would not give up on that booger, and I was just dying laughing the whole time.
The play was really cute, and was then followed by "The Night Before Jesus", performed by the rest of the Pre-K students. It meant a lot to Brooke to have Grandma and Papa there as well, and when Jerry offered to take a picture of our family, Colby learned in for a Sissy snuggle.  My heart just melted because they really do love each other, despite the daily quarrels.
The next Tuesday, the students performed their plays again at Watercrest, which is the Assisted Living/Memory Care home right next to her school.  The residents love seeing the children, and the directors have expressed how good it is for their spirits to have visitors.

I tagged along to watch the kids again, which was great, especially since I had the greatest seat in the house.
Good job, Little Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment