Wednesday, May 17, 2017

kitty hawk and more beaching

My sister-in-law Madison wanted to head into town (we were staying all the VERY bottom of the Outer Banks, so we were an hour and a half from Kitty Hawk) sometime during our vacation, so we opted for a rainy day since the beach was already out of the question. It worked out perfectly, and the kids loved the small children's museum since we had the whole place to ourselves!  April is a perfect time for vacation :)

Colby got his work-out on, haha.
Brooke and Kevin did some deep sea fishing.
Uncle Jeffrey took a nap, haha.
Following the museum, we went for ice cream at a local ice cream shop.
And we ended the day with some miniature golf.  We really had such a blast, and Colby was hilarious with the golfing.  We have a classic video of him (sitting) trying to hit the golf ball.  When it wasn't going where he wanted, he picked it up and bum-scooted over to the hole to drop it in.  Then clapped for himself, hahaha.  Seriously, so funny!
The next morning, we were ready for more beach time...
We tried to get a picture of Mom and Dad with all the grandkids, but Owen just wanted to pick at Brooke's hair :) I loved being all together, but wished that Kimberly and Josh could have been there as well to join in on the fun.
I love the way Brooke adores Kevin, and I love that I was close enough to capture this moment in time.
That night after dinner, we headed back out for a little campfire and s'more action.
I'm writing this post almost a year after we went (I forgot that it was a draft this whole time), and I am filled with gratitude for such an incredible trip as a family.  Having time around a camp fire, on a beautiful (almost private) beach, was pure bliss. I just want to go back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment