Friday, April 24, 2015

Denver Adventures-Part 2

Brooke crashed on Saturday night, then woke up like 45 minutes after we put her to bed.  Then again 30 minutes later.  Then after another hour...so finally, I just brought her into bed with us.  Which meant that, again, I didn't sleep, haha.  It is so funny because Kevin loves to have Brooke in our bed. He still sleeps well and loves to cuddle her. I have a great iPhone pic of Brooke with her head near me, and her feet to the side and completely on Kevin's face, haha.  But, he loves it, which I think is cute :)
 By the time Sunday morning rolled around, I felt like I was hit by a bus, and I contemplated skipping church :(  Once I was up and going though, I started feeling better, so we made it to Sacrament meeting.

 In my book, Sunday isn't complete without a few Sunday pictures.  Thankfully, everyone obliged :)
 We then headed to the Butterfly Pavilion.  We just missed the butterfly release, but they were all still flying around in the pavilion.  One even landed on my hand, which was pretty cool.  Brooke held her hand near mine, as if she wanted it on her hand, but when I put my hand closer, she said "no no", haha.  I guess she only liked the idea of a butterfly on her hand. After spending some time with the butterflies, we headed into the building where they had exhibits of fish, spiders, and bugs.  Kimberly and Josh even held Rosie the tarantula.  I have already held a tarantula once in my life, and that was enough for me.  I held Brooke while she watched in awe at that giant spider on Tibby and Dosh.
 Before leaving, we wandered out to the gardens, which were really nothing spectacular since they aren't in bloom.  They did, however, have this awesome tree that Brooke was playing in. Kevin was standing by Brooke and Kimberly asked him, "How big is the opening at the top?"  I knew she was scheming something, and next thing I know, she was inside the tree.  Then she convinced Josh to join her for a family picture.  She then offered to take our picture inside the tree.  Kevin goes, "It would be our family tree."  Oh boy! I got inside, then Kevin followed, which was hilarious.  Kimberly took some great pics of Kevin trying to climb inside.  Kimberly handed Brooke to us, and our family tree was complete, haha.
 We then loaded up in the car and drove to a different park for a picnic.  It was seriously gorgeous weather the whole time we were there.  Denver has some really nice parks, and some great people watching.  Apparently slack lining is a big thing here, and we saw some interesting people working on their skills.  Brooke spent most of the picnic either running around the blanket, eating chips, or sitting atop the cooler.  The picnic was totally nostalgic for me because Kimberly shopped at Safeway, which is the grocery store we grew up on.  Everything just tasted like home.  French bread sandwiches with peppered turkey, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and lettuce,  french onion dip with chips, and firm green grapes.  Perfection :)
Gorgeous scenery, right?  Following lunch, Kevin and I took Brooke to walk by the river and play on the playgroup while Kimberly and Josh took a little nap.  We finished the day with "artisinal" ice cream at High Point Creamery.  Lots of crazy, unique flavors, with hand crafted sauces on the side.  Pretty darn delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment