Monday, October 7, 2013

Birthday Boat Ride

We took Brooke for her first boat ride on September 14th to celebrate Jerry's 60th birthday!  Before we had Brooke, Kevin would frequently make comments about how we were going to take our kids on the boat when they were babies, but when it came right down to it, we were both nervous that she was too small before now!  I was only really nervous about getting her on and off the boat, so I made Kevin carry her :)  It was time to feed her shortly after getting to the lake, so I nursed her as we were on our boat ride, and then she slept the rest of the time we were out there!! (About 3 hours)  She had woken up with her first little cold, so I think her body was trying to fight whatever it was that she had come down with.  The rocking of the boat also probably helped a bit :)

 We all know how much Kevin loves boating, so he was pretty excited to be out there with his little girl.  And I love this picture of Brooke with her daddy :)


 Our first family picture at the lake!  The first of MANY I am sure :)

 
 The whole family.  We had to take Brooke out of her adorable swimsuit because she had a diaper explosion, which of course leaked all over my dress as well.  Thankfully, Kevin washed it in the lake for me so it was slightly less disgusting, haha.  I seriously need to remember to pack myself a change of clothes.
After the boat outing, we showered up and enjoyed a nice dinner at Mi Cocina, followed by a yummy chocolate bundt cake.  We enjoyed being together to celebrate the big 6-0 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment