Sunday, September 25, 2011

27 old years

Well, it's official. I am getting old! Or at least it feels like it sometimes, haha. I came home to these beautiful flowers on Wednesday evening (the day before my birthday). Kevin told me he figured I should have flowers during the whole day on my birthday. It was actually really funny because I told Kevin recently that I loved ranunculous flowers. When I saw the flowers, Kevin told me sorry that they weren't the "hydrangeas" that I wanted, but the florist said they weren't really in high demand. I just laughed, and told him the roses were beautiful. I am not sure how he got hydrangea from ranunculous, but he said he just knew it sounded like some made-up harry potter name. I laughed a lot.

I enjoyed the morning at home, then my friend Calli took me to Yogurtland for a fun treat. I then headed to work (I got a new job, by the way) for a few hours. For dinner, we met a few friends over at Benihana for a delicious dinner.

I appreciated all the phone calls, facebook messages, cards, and gifts that I received. I am pretty darn spoiled, and I guess I will manage being 27!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Katie! You definitely are not old, young and beautiful would be more appropriate. I love the story about the flowers, it is a hard one! Ranunculus are my absolute favorite flower too. I used them in my wedding bouquet, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!!! Sorry we've been kind of disconnected the past week. But we're getting close to being settled. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete