Friday, July 22, 2011

Anniversary, Birthday, and Church

On June 24th, we celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We had been talking about going to Naples, which is on the gulf coast of Florida, and we finally booked our hotel the night before. As soon as Kevin was home from work on Friday, we grabbed some Chipotle and headed over to Naples. It is normally just over an hour drive, but we had crazy rain the whole way there. And by crazy, I mean crazy. We couldn't see anything due to the rain, and it was extremely dark, and I was sure we were gonna run into an alligator as the stretch of freeway is aptly named "Alligator Alley."

But we made it safely to the Naples Grande Beach Resort. Saturday we decided to make a run to waffle house and it did not disappoint. We had amazing chocolate chip pancakes, an omelet, hash browns, and bacon. Yum :) We spent the remainder of the day at the pool and at the beach. The resort technically wasn't right on the beach, but they had golf carts that took you through a mangrove forest out to the water. The water was similar to what we are used to in Miami, but the sand was whiter and there were shells EVERYWHERE. Naples beaches get a lot of interesting shells due to different tides and different wind patterns. (I read something about that...but I don't remember the details.) It was so relaxing and enjoyable.

That night we got dressed up for our special anniversary date :) Kimberly had given me a beautiful new dress that I was supposed to save for my birthday, but then she told me I could wear it early! I figured this would be a good reason to wear it because A) I wanted to feel cute, and B) My sister has good taste!! Let me just say that the food was beyond amazing. We shared a wedge salad, then ordered filets, broccoli, and potatoes romanoff. The filet was one of the best I have ever had. It was cooked perfectly and was piping hot, just like I like it. The broccoli was decent, but nothing to write home about. It wasn't steamed super well, but who cares. The potatoes, wow, were to die for. Imagine garlic-y mashed potatoes, in a white dish, topped with cheeses and then baked. I really wish I could eat some right now. For breakfast :)

After dinner we exchanged cards and it was really the perfect ending to such a nice weekend. We stayed Saturday night as well, slept in Sunday, then went to the pool one last time because we had to try the waterslide that wasn't running the day before. I felt really cool in line with all the kids under 5, oh and the parents with the kids under 5. But it was fun regardless.

I am just grateful to have Kevin as my husband. He is so fun, so loving, and so perfect for me. I need him in my life, and I look forward to many more anniversaries.
The next weekend was my good friend Daleth's birthday party at a place called Splitsville. It is basically a fancy bowling alley, with pool tables, catered food, etc. We had a fun time, even though I did really lousy at bowling. I wasn't going to play because I forgot my socks (dumb, I know) and I wasn't about to wear those shoes with no socks. But they convinced me to play in my sandals...and that is my excuse why I did so bad, hahaha. My sandals must have been sticking. (How's that for justification!!)
The birthday girl in all her glory. I really love Daleth. She has become one of my very best friends and I was glad we could celebrate with her. I made her red velvet cupcakes because she is in love with red velvet anything. I kind of hate cupcakes, but she loved them, so that's what matters. Who knew that those cupcakes take so much red food coloring, holy cow! I had to go back to the grocery store twice before I had the right amount.

And last but not least, an after-church picture. Kevin is generally running a little behind on Sunday mornings when he has meetings, so I will grab his clothes from the closet and lay them out for him. The beauty of this is that I pick his tie (which he sometimes changes) and I actually already knew what I was going to wear that day. Is that ridiculous that I made him match me? I don't care, I love that tie and I had a perfectly matching skirt, so there you go!! (Excuse my hair, I look like i was going for some colonial hairstyle, when in reality I was swooping my bangs to cover some really awesome zits that have been plaguing me. Probably more than you wanted to know.)

6 comments:

  1. "exchanged cards," eh? is that what the kids are callin' it nowadays?

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! to the cutest couple EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle!! You are hilarious. I literally was laughing so hard when I read that. Kevin thought the comment was funny, but as I was reading him the post, we were dying laughing.

    By the way, we really did exchange actual cards at the restaurant. Just in case you were wondering :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!
    PS. I LOVE the picture where ya'll are wearing blue and pink cutest outfits on the cutest people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, I can't imagine worrying about running over an alligator. Holy. Stinking. Cow. ha Happy anniversary! I'm glad you guys had such a fun and relaxing weekend. I love your top and skirt by the way (in the matching picture), as if I didn't love all of your outfits. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! thanks for clearing that up.

    do you know what the sexiest animals on the farm are?

    "brown chicken, brown cow!!!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you more STINKY PANTS!!! You're the best!! Miss you so much I had to go through your blog and relive some of our moments.

    ReplyDelete