Friday, December 31, 2010

Going Home

Due to Kevin's crazy work schedule around the holidays, and the fact that he is unable to take any time off, I headed to California by myself for 6 days. And what a lovely time I had :) Of course, I wish Kevin could have been with me, but I really enjoyed the time with my parents and sister Kimberly. I flew in super late Thursday night and was greeted by my Dad. We enjoyed chatting on our car-ride home, and our talk somehow turned into us quizzing each other on the Articles of Faith, haha. (Note: this is not completely random. I was talking to him about the talk I had to give the following Sunday on the new mutual theme-which is based on the 13th A of F.)

Friday morning, Kimberly and I headed down to my mom's school to help with her class party and see my mom in action. Everyone wore their pajamas and they were having a ball. Kimberly was in charge of holiday bingo and I was in charge of helping the kids make greeting cards. The kids were adorable. But not as adorable as my mom doing the 12 days of Christmas song. Here is a little snippet for your viewing pleasure :)


That evening, we headed to the ward Christmas party, which turned out really nice. It is always nice to see familiar faces and to catch up with some of the people that I admire and respect so much. Saturday, we ran a few errands, went to lunch at my favorite place, and headed home to make a yummy dinner of tomato bisque and panini sandwiches. Unfortunately, I started feeling sick as we were preparing the food. Long story short, I think I had the flu for a day and a half, and I was REALLY sick. Luckily, my parents took such great care of me while I was ill. It takes a mother's love to stand by me and just wipe by face in between bouts of throwing up. Not my favorite day and a half, but I was grateful for how my parents cared for me. I was thankful that my Dad was willing and able to give me a blessing that night when I was feeling like death.

The last few days of the trip were spent doing holiday things, like making salsa for the neighbors, stuffing and mailing Christmas cards, puzzle-doing, shopping, eating, talking, laughing, and crying together. I love my family a whole lot and look forward to the next time I get to see them. Unfortunately, I took about 0 pictures from the weekend because we were either too busy, or one of us was sick. (Note: After I got over the flu, Kimberly came down with something for almost 3 days.) I did, however, take a picture of the fam when they got home from Church, which I unfortunately had to miss due to my sickness!



1 comment: