Sunday, October 1, 2023

life in september

I have no idea where this idea came from, but after a day at home, Kevin suggested we have a "Cine Bistro" night, which was amazing.  We had steaks, potato wedges, and a yummy salad while we watched one of the Harry Potter movies. Best idea ever!
It finally rained and the kids were SO pumped.  We panicked when we heard the hail since our cars were out, so we had to make the split second decision to just quickly get them into the garagesto avoid damage to the cars and *hopefully* also avoid damage to our driveway.
Our ward hosted a Labor Day picnic, and our kids had fun playing at the park with Andi and Ivie Onkes.  When I went to take a picture, they informed me that they were fruit bats :)
Saturday at the lake is our favorite place to be...
We ran into our friends (the Smiths) at the lake and Brooke challenged the boys to a "surf" contest.  It was more just an opportunity to surf together, but fun nonetheless.  Whit came onto our boat and surfed with us, but Elias didn't want to, which I totally understand.  I wouldn't have liked the pressure of a contest either. But watching my kids surf never gets old!
We're not big Cowboys fans, but when you have the gear, you wear it for your school's NFL day.  The crossing guard commented on his whole get-up, and when I said that his Papa gave it all to him, he quickly reminded me that he WON that football at Six Flags, which I had totally forgotten about. 
The morning bed shuffle continues, haha.  Kevin goes up to wake Brooke around 6:40 every morning.  He snuggles her for 15-20 minutes, then sends her downstairs and he goes to Colby's bed.  They snuggle for a while before coming downstairs for breakfast, but their new trend is to crawl into our bed instead.  It is seriously like "musical beds," but apparently none of us are morning people.
In early September, we were still experiencing insane heat, like 108 every single day.  Soccer practices were SO hot, but we finally got rain on Friday night, which brought cooler temps by Saturday morning.
He asked me to document his creation before he cleaned up...
Kevin has been busy working on resets for work, but he brought the table upstairs so we could still watch a movie as a family and he could work simultaneously :)
We hosted an early birthday celebration for Papa's 70th birthday!
I wanted to get a picture of the original four, but when I made the comment that it looked like they were on a roller coaster, Kevin and Melanie took it up a notch, haha.  We were all cracking up.
Brooke has definite opinions about her outfits now, but she LOVES this sweater I bought her.  She wouldn't let me take a picture at drop off because "that's embarrassing", so I settled for an after-school pic instead.  My girl is growing up, which is equal parts fun and kinda sad!
Nay Nay and Papa sent the kids some money for the school book fair and they both loved what they picked out.  Colby has shown a lot more interest in reading this year, so I'm super happy about that.  I bought them each another book the day I volunteered, and Colby already finished his!
Our first lunch date of the school year!  I tried to surprise Colby with McDonalds (which he loves), but apparently they don't serve lunch at 10:15 when I have to pick up for his 10:30 lunch time.  So I opted for a breakfast sandwich and hoped he would like it.  He did, and that might be a new fav!
We hosted a "Cupcake Wars" activity and the girls loved it.  A lot of sugar was consumed in the decorating process, but it was fun to see their individual styles and creativity.
Whitney Danielson...
Pyper Bradbury (Aguilera)...
Lily Danielson...
Marlie Hawkins...
Brookie...
Alondra Peralez...
Abby Harrison...

We drove up to Flower Mound one Friday night to celebrate Papa and Larry's 70th birthday. We spent time outside, and Brooke loved pushing Emery on the swing and making her laugh with her silly antics.
Larry and Jerry...
We went shoe shopping for Colby since his old shoes "had NO grip at all", so he was pretty excited about his new ones.
Shawna prepared something called Smash Journals for the girls and it was a total hit.  They really love all things crafty, so this was no exception.
On my birthday eve, I walked in the door from a sweaty soccer practice to find Kevin pulling a hot cobbler from the oven, beautiful flowers, and the happy sneakers I fell in love with over the weekend.  I was definitely surprised.
The kids had Friday off school, so we spent my birthday together.  They made me waffles with berries and cream, then we headed on a scooter/roller blade ride to the ponds.  (The kids guilted me into wearing my helmet, so I'm sure I looked pretty special riding Colby's scooter down the street.)
We had lunch at Jimmy Johns, an afternoon at Sea Quest, and a pit stop at Tropical Smoothie cafe for a free birthday smoothie.
The kids were so sweet and wanted to use 10 of our 15 tokens so I could do the "fishy kiss" experience where the fish nibble the dead skin off your feet.  It was definitely a crazy experience, but kinda fun!
The otters will always be our favorite!!
We ended the day with a delicious family dinner and pizookie.  I couldn't have asked for a better birthday!
My friend Dani also sent these Crumbl cookies for my birthday, which was SO sweet!
Colby spent forever in the garage sharpening and creating this "tool."  I'm not exactly sure what it will be used for, but it kept his occupied, so that's a win.
Gotta love sweaty selfies after a whole lot of tennis! Although Stevie moved away, I was so glad she reached out and wanted to meet up to play.  She is the sweetest friend and I always enjoy our time together.
Picture day for my handsome boy...
Brooke's teeth have changed so much in the 3.5 months she has been wearing Invisalign.  While organizing under her sink, I found out that she totally skipped a set of liners like 2 weeks ago, so I'm shocked that the new ones actually worked.

When she started in June...
Now...

No comments:

Post a Comment