Friday, September 29, 2023

mainstay farm

Going back to work this year has been an adjustment for me, but I am SO grateful that I have had the flexibility to still attend all field trips and special weekday activities for my kiddos. Colby's field trip was to Mainstay Farm in Cleburne and although it was a total scorcher, the kids had a lot of fun. 

I chaperoned Colby and his friends, Grayson and Noah. 
Nothing like roasting marshmallows in the heat, haha.
The sunflowers were beautiful, so I kept taking pics of the kids to send to their moms. 
One of the teachers offered to get a picture of Colby and I, which was great since the selfie cut out a lot of the flowers. 
They had a lot of great photo ops around the farm, but we were a little disappointed that several of the attractions weren't open.  The kids couldn't ride the ferris wheel, the little go carts, or some of the slides.
Apparently this slide was pretty uncomfortable with all the ridges in the piping, but I didn't try it to find out for myself.
We found another beautiful field of flowers, so we took a few more pictures.  The boys were probably annoyed, but their moms really loved them, so I guess it was a win.
Colby is such a good boy and it was nice to just pal around with him and his friends all day.  He was really excited to have Grayson and Noah in our group, and I was grateful that they were great listeners and super polite. 
The highlight was probably the wild rides on this mini train. I've been to a lot of pumpkin patches and I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to drive as fast or as crazy as they did, but the boys sure loved it.  I was good for one ride, but my lower back couldn't handle another one, so I just watched as they went a few more times.
Austin, Jackson, and Colby
Thanks for a great day, Mainstay Farms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment