Tuesday, October 31, 2023

halloween

Brooke has loved wearing her baptism dress the past two years, so when she decided that she wanted to be a "random white princess" with her hoop skirt underneath and a tiara, I wasn't at all surprised.  The only thing she asked me to order was a white fan, which I happily did.  She was excited about wearing makeup and did about 30 layers of lipstick.  Colby changed his mind several times, but finally settled on a police officer.  I actually really loved his costume and he loved all the accessories.

They were Trunk-or-Treat ready!!
Good Cop...
Bad Cop...
I always love seeing the themed family costumes, but we just aren't that cool I guess.  I borrowed Colby's pirate hat (again) and Kevin went as a Happy Camper :)
Playing games and trick-or-treating indoors since the rain forced us inside. 
After our ward's party, we headed over to Andreia's party in Fort Worth.  Tracy and her family were in town, so we wanted to spend time with friends as well.
Most of the younger kids...
My kids came home with a ridiculous amount of candy, but they sure had fun.
On Halloween Day, Brooke wore her old Hermione dress and Colby's robe and scarf.  As I dropped her off, she noticed that most people were NOT dressed up.  She started to regret her decision, but I gave her a pep talk about being confident in herself. And turns out a lot of people did dress up, just not the people we saw in the morning. 
She looked adorable!!
Colby wasn't allowed to wear his costume to school, but he wanted a picture that night with his class stuffy since's he was the Star Student that week.
We walked the neighborhood for a while together, then Nay Nay went home to be with Papa.
I shockingly only took one picture while we were out trick-or-treating with the Hawkins family, but we really love that tradition.
Until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment